There was a time when showers were considered to be a luxury – after all, bathrooms that contained a bath and a shower were merely an option. Then the shower became more popular because of its many advantages. Now it’s the turn of the walk in shower, and for many good reasons. The walk in shower has many advantages – from reduced costs regarding installation and maintenance to the sense of freedom and a superior showering experience as well as increased safety. The advantages are simply too numerous to mention.
If you’re thinking about installing a new shower in your bathroom or thinking about renovating, then this one’s for you: here’s your all-important guide to walk in showers and their many benefits.
Just some of the advantages
The advantages of the walk in shower are numerous – but here are some of the most important ones:
- Creating more space. Space-saving is probably the number one benefit that a walk in shower has to offer, not only because it actually does make the most of the space available, but also because it creates the illusion that there is more space than there actually is. It’s a double benefit.
- Aesthetics. There are endless design options, and you have a hands-on say on how it should look so you can design it according to your own tastes.
- Easy accessibility. There are no barriers – walk in and walk out without encountering awkward obstacles.
- Quick maintenance. Easy, saving both time and money.
- Personalisation. You make it how you want it to be.
Creating your own
Creating your own walk in shower – whilst certainly not impossible – can be quite a challenge. There are many aspects to consider, which is why it’s essential you let the professionals do it. In fact, if you want to save money, there are many options available on the market when it comes to pre-fabricated walk in shower enclosures or units. This not only solves the problem of having to design your own walk in shower from scratch, it also ensures that all amenities and comforts you may need are already incorporated into the existing unit.
Installing the kit
There are kits available to suit anyone’s needs – they usually consist of three walls and a base pan made of fibreglass.
In case you’re wondering whether the existing units will truly fit your needs: yes, they will, especially since they can be adjusted to your specific requirements. If you want a more high-end or customised look, then that can be arranged at minimum cost. Custom showers allow you to adjust the size, the glass panels, the doors, safety requirements – whatever it is you may need. And that sums up what is perhaps the greatest advantage to the walk in shower: it’s yours, and it’s made for you.
Image attributed to stockimages/FreeDigitalPhotos.net